Benefits Of Cosmetic Dentistry
About 99.7% of all Americans believe that the smile is important to social aspects of life. Because of this, there is a new rising trend in the dentistry field called cosmetic dentistry. Cosmetic dentistry procedures help to improve the aesthetics of a smile, while not necessarily improving the function of the smile. There are many ways that having cosmetic dentistry procedures performed can help to improve a patient's life. This article lists and explains five of these benefits.
- Help to improve the appearance of the smile. Because cosmetic dentistry can involve teeth whitening, straightening, fixing gaps or cracks, or replacing missing teeth, it will help the smile to look better.
- Help to increase the patient's self-esteem. When one feels that their smile is not aesthetically pleasing, they can feel bad about themselves. Having their teeth whitened, straightened, fixed, etc., can help raise the patient's elf-esteem and feel better about themselves.
- Help to improve the patient's social life and activities. When one feels poorly about themselves and their smile, this can help to prevent them from wanting to spend time around others. They may be less likely to attend social events and activities. If they do attend these activities, they may not want to smile for pictures, which can be frustrating for them as well as their friends. Having issues with the teeth corrected can help to improve these.
- Help to increase work performance. Especially for individuals who have work in a professional industry, having teeth that have gaps or cracks, are stained or discolored, or any other number of issues may limit their performance at work. They may find it difficult to get up in front of others for presentations or speak in front of clients. This can limit their ability to receive promotions or special assignments.
- Help to improve their health. Having issues with the mouth can lead to health issues throughout the body. If the patient has teeth that are infected and leaves them untreated, the infection can spread to other parts of their body.
It is important to keep in mind that cosmetic dentistry is not meant to replace regular dental care. Dentists still recommend that all patients brush twice a day as well as flossing daily. They also recommend using mouthwash regularly, as this helps to get rid of bad bacteria in the mouth. It is also important to make sure that the dentist is a fully qualified and board certified physician. See sites like http://www.fortcollinsdentist.com for more information.