Overcome Dental Anxiety With A Homemade Cologne
It is not abnormal to feel scared about visiting your dentist. Several people suffer from this particular phobia, and you can make things better by talking to your dentist about your anxiety. You can also consider the following calming cologne, as you try to manage this phobia.
Secrets Behind Your Homemade Cologne
You should first learn how scents affect you. Your senses are connected to your brain. Well, your olfactory senses connect to the hippocampus area in your brain.
The hippocampus is responsible for several functions in your brain, including blood circulation and neurotransmitter management. The neurotransmitters you want to pay attention to are dopamine, serotonin and cortisol.
Cortisol is your stress hormone, and the following scents will help deter the effects of cortisol, as well as stop the production of cortisol altogether. The following smells will also trigger the production of serotonin and dopamine. These hormones will make you feel happy and calm.
The natural scents you will use are sandalwood, vanilla and lavender. Remember to purchase pure and organic forms of the aforementioned oils from your local health food store or online. Pure and organic forms contain the active ingredients needed to stimulate your olfactory senses.
Homemade Vanilla & Lavender Cologne
- Lavender essential oil
- Vanilla essential oil or pure extract
- Sandalwood essential oil
- Vodka (80 proof or higher)
- Distilled water
- Dark glass bottle with a spray top
- Mason jar
- Measuring cups or spoons
You should make sure all your materials are sterilized and free from any other smells.
- Pour ¼ a cup of vodka into your mixing mason jar.
- Add 7 drops of sandalwood oil, and stir the mixture.
- Add 10 drops of lavender oil and stir.
- Add 7 drops vanilla oil or extract, and shake your mixture for at least 2 minutes.
- Smell your mixture to see if you like the smell. You can alter it if needed.
- Close and store your mason jar in a dark and cool place for 48 hours. See if you like the smell after 48 hours. You can alter it again, but you will need to let it age another 48 hours to help the mixture fuse.
- Add 4 tablespoons of water once the 48 hours have passed.
- Add 5 drops of glycerin to your cologne.
- Use your funnel to pour your cologne into your spray glass container.
- Store any leftover cologne in a dark container, and close it until you need to refill your spray glass container.
Use this cologne before visiting your dentist like the one at Accent Dental and it should help quieten down your anxiety.